Re: USB troubles with DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

I did consider that - that my input number thing was changing after a
reboot, but no, it was always 6 (and I guessed I'd have to check this
if I ever unplugged something). I dont beleive that this is the
problem I'm having right now - I think I'm doing something else
fundamentally wrong.

Maybe once I sort these issues out, I'll think about applying this
patch. But I'm thinking if I do it now, it will just introduce another
unknown variable into my problem solving. (It isnt working at the
moment - how will I know if I applied the patch wrong, and broke lirc
completely?).

Thanks for the link though.

On 6/29/06, Darren Salt <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I demand that Nick Rolfe may or may not have written...

[snip]
> "lircd -n --device=/dev/input/eventX" where X is the same X in the dmesg
> line:

> input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/inputX

> For me, X = 2.

That's "currently equals".

You may need custom udev rules or a lirc patch (see URL below) to be able to
find the correct device every time (given >= two identical devices) - and I
wouldn't like to guarantee that for USB...

<URL:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305444&aid=1434830&group_id=5444>

(And if you find the patch useful, it'd help to say so there.)

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

You have the power to influence all with whom you come in contact.