Re: USB troubles with DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

ok, thanks.

(I've already checked the permission of the /dev/lircd - all users
have rw access).

On 6/27/06, Nick Rolfe <nickrolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 27/06/06, Shanon Mulley <shanonmulleyster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks. I'm trying to give that a go now.
>
> But its telling me:
> "irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it,
> check permissions)"
>
> The lircd daemon is going, I have tried running irrecord both as root
> and a normal user.
>
> Any suggestions?

I've not had that problem, but I'd try stopping the lircd daemon and
running it manually with the -n flag (plus the normal ones like -d) so
you can see its output.

When it says to check permissions I guess it means you should check
that /dev/lircd is there and that you have read permission.

If that doesn't help I'm out of ideas...

-Nick