Re: Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital card

Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Dyks, Axel (XL) may or may not have written...
>

>>Darren Salt wrote:
>>
>>>I demand that Dyks, Axel (XL) may or may not have written...

>>>You might have /dev/input/by-id/* and /dev/input/by-name/*, but I find
>>>that by-id isn't populated for DVB IR whereas by-name isn't stable despite
>>>no change in the number or location of the devices.
>

>>No, I haven't. [...]
>

> They're provided by /etc/udev/rules.d/z20_persistent-input.rules (which
> points to ../persistent-input.rules) in current Debian testing/unstable.
Ah ... I'm on gentoo, which obviously does not provide those rules ...
Anyway, I was refering to the sysfs nodes that are less likely to
depend on the distribution than on the kernel (version) ...

>>>While I could use udev rules, I prefer this patch:
>>><URL:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305444&aid=1434830&group_id=5444>
>

>>Hmmh ... why should someone want to apply a patch, if the solution comes
>>out of the (udev) box? Maybe I've got you wrong, but presently I can't
>>follow your argument.
>

> Alternative methods; for one thing, not everybody is using udev.
Hmm... that's an argument? ...

> In my case, it needs to be done on the card's physical location because I
> have two identical cards; if I move the card with the in-use IR interface, I
> still have to update the configuration anyway, and having lircd look at the
> available input device nodes means that I don't have to remember to recreate
> a symlink.
... OK this one counts. :-)

> (Also, I prefer /dev/hda to /dev/disk/... which reminds me a lot of devfs's
> long paths.)

... as long as you are not hot-plugging your disks ... :-)

ByTheWay: We are "sightly" drifting away from the original topic
and I'm afraid that our discussion tends to become absolutely
useless ... though I must admit that it's a lot of fun, and ...
if we try really hard we might be able to beat the all-time-thread-length-record
(see the "Multi protocol support / DVB-S2 API" thread which definitely
will make it into the hall of fame)

Cheers -- at least you may demand that I may or may not have said this ...

:-) Axel

P. S.: May I deduce that you are able to explain why the sofa irreversibly
       stuck on the staircase?