Re: Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital card

I demand that Dyks, Axel (XL) may or may not have written...

[snip]
> The later (dev/input) worked for me at least after enabling "input device
> events" (INPUT_EVDEV=y) in the kernel. (Do you have a device node for your
> remote, i. e. /dev/input/eventX, or just the /sys/class/input/... entries?)

> Furthermore it seems to be a good idea to add a "udev" rule that creates a
> symlink for the "event device" of your remote. Otherwise un-plugging and
> re-plugging might (I think it will) give you a different (incremented)
> device number.

You might have /dev/input/by-id/* and /dev/input/by-name/*, but I find that
by-id isn't populated for DVB IR whereas by-name isn't stable despite no
change in the number or location of the devices.

While I could use udev rules, I prefer this patch:
<URL:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305444&aid=1434830&group_id=5444>

[snip]
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

Ghosts are merely unsubstantiated roomers.