Re: Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital card

Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Dyks, Axel (XL) may or may not have written...
>
> [snip]
>
>>The later (dev/input) worked for me at least after enabling "input device
>>events" (INPUT_EVDEV=y) in the kernel. (Do you have a device node for your
>>remote, i. e. /dev/input/eventX, or just the /sys/class/input/... entries?)
>

>>Furthermore it seems to be a good idea to add a "udev" rule that creates a
>>symlink for the "event device" of your remote. Otherwise un-plugging and
>>re-plugging might (I think it will) give you a different (incremented)
>>device number.
>

> You might have /dev/input/by-id/* and /dev/input/by-name/*, but I find that
> by-id isn't populated for DVB IR whereas by-name isn't stable despite no
> change in the number or location of the devices.
No, I haven't. At least not for "/dev/input", only for "/dev/disk".
... and it isn't required for the udev rule, because it matches the
sysfs nodes, i. e. (/sys/class/input/ ...), and not the devices nodes.

> While I could use udev rules, I prefer this patch:
> <URL:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305444&aid=1434830&group_id=5444>
Hmmh ... why should someone want to apply a patch, if the solution comes
out of the (udev) box?
Maybe I've got you wrong, but presently I can't follow your argument.

Cheers,
Axel