Re: Hauppauge IR remote codes & basic C programming

I demand that Simon Kilvington may or may not have written...

> Simon Baxter wrote:
>> I'm trying to get some more granluarity on the IR codes produced by my
>> remote and WinTV Nova-T card.

>> Darren Salt has done some great work getting extra buttons working, but
>> I'd like to understand better how the IR codes are processed and end up
>> recognised by the modules.  Specifically I need more granular codes from
>> my remote, as it conflicts with my TV remote.
[snip]
> I have a Nova-T card and this is what I did to get the right keys bound to
> the remote:

> 1. look in the file /usr/src/linux/driver/media/dvb/ttpci/budget-ci.c

Er, he said Nova-T, not Nova-T ;-)

(You evidently have a Philips-based card; his is Conexant-based. And I have
one of each...)

> there is a key_map array defined, like this...

> /* from reading the following remotes:
>    Zenith Universal 7 / TV Mode 807 / VCR Mode 837
>    Hauppauge (from NOVA-CI-s box product)
>    i've taken a "middle of the road" approach and note the differences
> */
> static u16 key_map[64] = {
>         /* 0x0X */
>         KEY_0, KEY_1, KEY_2, KEY_3, KEY_4, KEY_5, KEY_6, KEY_7, KEY_8,

If your remote control is an R808, either use my patch set *or* copy in the
constants from ir-keymaps.c:ir_codes_hauppauge_new.

[snip]
| + Travel less. Share transport more.           PRODUCE LESS CARBON DIOXIDE.

The adverb always follows the verb.