Re: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 detect problem- suggested code fix

Hi

Edgar Toernig wrote:
Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

It is not easy to work around this problem. The code in the init function must
remain, the only thing we could do is to add bridge handling code in the tuner
driver. But this currently is only necessary for this card.

Couldn't you just turn the transparent mode off in the fini function?

Maybe. Do you know when exactly this function gets called?
Only at driver unload or also at shutdown?
I had another idea: remap the firmware eeprom to another address when the
driver is not in dvb mode. But this needs to be carefully testet, it might cause
problems for the channel decoder boot procedure.

We should carefully think this over since there is a simple workaround:
Just force the card type.

Best regards
   Hartmut