Re: bt8xx docu fixes and other docu fixes; pci subsystem id flakyness

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:46 +0100, Gunther Mayer wrote:
> Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:

The cause is almost certainly related to timing and reset during the
first stages of a cold boot. The card has a led and when subsystem id is
missing the led is not lit. This state kept over warm-boots and is only
changed by either a cold boot or but forcing card=0x71 when modprobing
bttv and then load dst and dvb_bt8xx. The led lights up and the card
starts reporting the currect subsystem id once the rdc_8820_reset call
in dst.c:probe() is finnished.

> @Sigmund:
> See if the correct pci subsystem id is reported ("lspci -vn") for
> - multiple "halt" + plug off the power cord for 30 seconds (aka ice-cold
> reboots), _without the driver ever loaded_
> - multiple "reboot" (aka warm reboots), _without the driver ever loaded_
> - repeat with driver loaded
> At which point does "lspci -vn" stop to report the correct id?
I do not have the time nor will to carry out these tests. I have
allready a good understanding about when this issue happens and how to
deal with it.

Regards

Sigmund