Re: DViCO FusionHDTV 5 lite corrupt when PVR-350 is recording, concurrent recording with PVR-500- no problems

mrwester wrote:

    ivtv 0.4.x is meant for kernel 2.6.14 ...  This may have something
    to do
    with your problem, but I'm not sure.  ivtv 0.5.x is meant to be used
    with kernel 2.6.15, just as the newly released ivtv 0.6.x is meant
    to be
    used with kernel 2.6.16 ...

    The ivtv version numbers do not indicate stability, rather, they
    indicate kernel module dependency.

    There is an easy way to install the ivtv drivers using the v4l-dvb
    mercurial tree.  Using this method, you  will be able to build the
    latest ivtv drivers in the same build as the v4l and dvb drivers.

    First, remove the old ivtv modules.... I think you can find them in
    /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ivtv

    then:

    hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
    cd v4l-dvb
    make ivtv
    make
    make install

    I wonder if this will help

I will give this a try tomorrow, after the day's recordings are finished. FYI, I've been using Axel's ivtv rpms from atrpms.net <http://atrpms.net> since about 0.4.1? or so. I wasn't seeing any difference between that and building myself and decided to take the easy route. Recently there have been some issues with getting the ivtv driver to play nice with dvb, due to some mismatches. See: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/28632?search_string=0.4.3%20and%202.6.15.5;#28632 Any thoughts? Thanks,

bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: Unknown symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
bttv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

This is exactly what we can avoid by using the build method that I described above. All of the ivtv modules are built together with all of their dependencies, including all of the v4l and dvb trees. This happens when the wrong combination of modules become mixed up.

-Mike