Re: DViCO FusionHDTV 5 lite corrupt when PVR-350 is recording, concurrent recording with PVR-500- no problems

mrwester wrote:

The fusion HDTV 5 lite works fine with either or both tuners of the PVR-500, and the most I ever need is 3 tuners, so I've not been worrying about it. The only reason the PVR-350 is still in the box is because it has the reciever for the remote. Every once in a while after new versions of IVTV come out or if new kernel upgrade I check to see if it still is funky and, as of this morning, yes it's still giving corrupt video when the PVR-350 is recording, and all OK with the PVR-500. This is with ivtv 0.4.4 and 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 kernel. I agree it seems to be some sort of motherboard thing. A while back I played a little with PCI latency settings and have a hunch that this may be the problem. Unfortunately, there seem to be some issues with getting some settings to take with the nforce2 motherboard. One can adjust the settings for the card OK, but IDE latency seems to be stuck at 32, and cannot be adjusted with setpci. I'll probably play with another motherboard if I get time, or am forced to rebuild this production system... Thanks for the follow up, if I figure something out, I'll post.

ivtv 0.4.x is meant for kernel 2.6.14 ... This may have something to do with your problem, but I'm not sure. ivtv 0.5.x is meant to be used with kernel 2.6.15, just as the newly released ivtv 0.6.x is meant to be used with kernel 2.6.16 ...

The ivtv version numbers do not indicate stability, rather, they indicate kernel module dependency.

There is an easy way to install the ivtv drivers using the v4l-dvb mercurial tree. Using this method, you will be able to build the latest ivtv drivers in the same build as the v4l and dvb drivers.

First, remove the old ivtv modules.... I think you can find them in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ivtv

then:

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
cd v4l-dvb
make ivtv