Re: DViCO FusionHDTV 5 lite corrupt when PVR-350 is recording, concurrent recording with PVR-500- no problems

On 3/23/06, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Anyway, looking back at this thread, it is obvious that my statement
above is incorrect, and I have in fact proven it wrong.... I have a
pvr350 in my machine along with a bunch of other v4l and dvb cards.
So, I have completely no idea why this wouldnt work for you.  Have you
since fixed it yet?  (it has been over four months :-P )   If not,
maybe it could be some sort of motherboard quirk?

The fusion HDTV 5 lite works fine with either or both tuners of the PVR-500, and the most I ever need is 3 tuners, so I've not been worrying about it.  The only reason the PVR-350 is still in the box is because it has the reciever for the remote.   Every once in a while after new versions of IVTV come out or if new kernel upgrade I check to see if it still is funky and, as of this morning, yes it's still giving corrupt video when the PVR-350 is recording, and all OK with the PVR-500.  This is with ivtv 0.4.4 and 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 kernel.  I agree it seems to be some sort of motherboard thing.  A while back I played a little with PCI latency settings and have a hunch that this may be the problem. Unfortunately, there seem to be some issues with getting some settings to take with the nforce2 motherboard. One can adjust the settings for the card OK, but  IDE latency seems to be stuck at 32, and cannot be adjusted with setpci.   I'll probably play with another motherboard if I get time, or am forced to rebuild this production system...  Thanks for the follow up, if I figure something out, I'll post.

Mike