Re: Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch WORKING !

Hi

Rainer Schubert wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

Hi,

Hi all,

[...]

I will attach the patch that hopefully fixes the module load order issue.
I haven't updated my workspace for a while, so it might be that it does not
apply out of the box.

Thanks Hartmut for that one ! The card finally works, even with a small
non-amplified indoor antenna, which originally belongs to the Cinergy T²
device.

What I have done is apply your (Hartmut's) patch on top of the one Hermann
did supply, issue "make clean;make;make install;reboot" and try the card
under Windows to make sure it is not broken.

The main thing is in the tda8290.c. If probing for the tda8290 fails, the
code now assumes it is a tda9886 and restores its power on defaults.

There are still some issues, as the card ignores some of the transponders
in my dvb-t/de-Hamburg file, which it was able to receive in June last
year, but I am happy to see it working again !

Aha, so it was the module load order issue. But for the next time, please
stick to the instructions we give.

Regarding the transponders: This is not a problem with the driver. The
channel assignment was changed. You need to get a recent initial config
file and to rescan.

Best regards
   Hartmut