Re: Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

Hi, Tim, Rainer

Hi Hartmut, Tim, Tim, List,

Tim Small wrote:
I tested Hartmut's patch yesterday - analogue now works, (the picture was horrible, but this is apparently because a workman has broken the cable in the roof space - I will test digital after I have fixed the cable!). With the patch I've not seen any more i2c errors anyway.

There is almost no analogue TV here, only some weak signals by ARD & ZDF.
I never bothered with analogue TV as it was cut down here when I got my
first Pinnacle card.

[...]
Use a more recent kernel, and apply the rejected diff by hand (i.e. just look at the contents of the diff, and make the change yourself), or tell patch to try harder.

Isn't 2.6.14 recent enough ?

The patch was created against an about 1 week old version, it is quite likely
that it changed meanwhile. I guess the patches in saa7134-cards.c were rejected.

Looking at the log I produced it seems the patches to tuner.c have been
rejected.

Please apply the changes manually - at least the one for the pinnacle 300i.
It is a major portion of the trick. Also please keep in mind that the tda9887
module needs to be loaded manually before tuner. I have a patch for this
pending.

Tim sent his patched version which I will try this afternoon. Thanks Tim !

If you have inconsistent module versions, i guess the reason is that the
kernel is older than 2.6.12. In this case, the dvb modules will not be updated.

It is version 2.6.14 and the inconsistancy was with versions of symbols in ir_kbd-something.

If it is desired, i can also generate a patch for this to make it work for
at least 2.6.11.

Thanks, Hartmut, not for me, as I have got a working setup with 2.6.12.5 as a fallback.

Regards,
Rainer
--
Rainer Schubert - Linux TV User