Re: Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
Hi, Martin
Please keep the remaining issue with the module load order in mind.
So please unload the modules and load them manually in the
sequence tda9887, saa7134 and saa7134-dvb. This should do the trick for
the time being.
Hi, Hartmut. Yes, yesterday you told about it, if I had read the mail without haste. I tried it, and had success - at least with the analog part. For the digital one we seem to need a better antenna here, south of Augsburg. Munich is too far...

(yesterday it seemed, that I got no new posts from the list for a longer time...)

This was my script yesterday, but - as it seem - I had not fully understood, how all this works together. If I see it more clearly I will update the entry in the wiki, where I did work on yesterday.

#!/bin/bash

# unload old modules

sudo rmmod tuner
sudo modprobe tda9887
sudo rmmod tda9887
sudo rmmod saa7134
#sudo rmmod saa7134_dvb

# load modules in correct order

sudo modprobe tda9887
sudo modprobe tuner
sudo modprobe saa7134

Thanks, that you got it working again. This will mean much less frustration for many users now. :-)

--
Kind Regards, Martin