Re: Re: Getting to receive anything w/ Terratec 1200 DVB-T

On Saturday 11 February 2006 14:25, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> > > I have no suitable channels.conf for the Digitenne system yet.
> > > I do have a conf file for Digitenne in a slightly different format,
> > > though, which has frequencies, etc.
>
> The file I have has lines like:
> Nederland
> 1:578000000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ:FEC_1_2:FEC_AUTO:QAM_64:TRANSMIS
>SION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_4:HIERARCHY_NONE:1011:1012
>
> If I add a '0:' after HIERARCHY_NONE: (after reading
> http://users.pandora.be/nespa/dvb-t/dec2540/) I can tzap a bit.
> If I choose a different transponder I get signal:

I at least needed some sort of initial tuning data file before I could scan
channels. Do you have Kaffeine? If you do, you might find a suitable initial
tuning data file there for your area. I was lucky enough that fi-turku was
there. For sat, I had to make my own Eurobird1 file in order to find my
channels. Check ~/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine (I have Kubuntu) There is a dvb-t
directory  there. You could download Kaffeine, even if you don't use it, to
look through those dvb-t initial tuning data files. (I use it and it is good)
Try different files that you think might work. scan will be able to use those
file to try to make a channels.conf for you, that is if one works. Also, if
worse comes to worse, call Digitenne and ask them what their settings are.
Even if the channels are encrypted, you should still be able to
find them by name when scanning. Just "scan -c" may never find anything.

William