Getting to receive anything w/ Terratec 1200 DVB-T

Hello,

I think I have the card set up OK on my FC4 box; I used the info from
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Terratec_Cinergy_1200_DVB-T.
All stuf loads OK and the firmware is also uploaded.

I connected a dual telesope antenna to the card. I am about one
kilometer from a 0.5 KW DVB-T transmitter and have an almost line of
sight path to the transmitter.

Using dvbscan from the linuxtv-dvb-apps I find no channels:
# dvbscan -c
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0011
WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x0000
dumping lists (0 services)
Done.

I have no suitable channels.conf for the Digitenne system yet.
I do have a conf file for Digitenne in a slightly different format,
though, which has frequencies, etc.
How can I find out if the setup actually can receive anything?

In the past I tested with a smaller indoor antenna (model `gravestone`)
which worked fine for one transponder at a bigger distance and without
line of sight.

How can I get more info on the actual reception?

Please post!

Thanks,
Udo