[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS: new Information

Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On 1/25/06, CityK <CityK@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I have 2 questions; the first is from a technical standpoint....
>>
>> Question 1.
>> Thomas Kaiser (linux-dvb) wrote:
>>
>>> Following chips are used on the Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS:
>>>
>>> # Tuner (receiver): XCEIVE XC3028
>>> # Demodulator: ZARLINK ZL10353
>>> ....etc ....
>>  glanced at the Zarlink docs and didn't see anything mentioned about
>> analog demodulation.  Is there another IC missing from this list?  ...
>> Or stated differently - if the Zarlink IC is not performing this
>> function, then what is ?
>>

> the DVB-T part of that board?

I'm such a monkey.  All that time that I spent blabbing away about
Xceive, I never once bothered to look at any info about the IC (as I,
for whatever reason, had it in my head that it was solely a tuner).
Upon taking the few seconds to click on the link
(http://www.xceive.com/technology_XC3028.htm), it is rather obvious that
analog demodulation is integrated into the XC3028.

I couldn't have taken a longer route to this personal discovery though
-- Last night I was looking at some pics from htpcnews CES coverage that
featured a forthcoming Avermedia ADD+2 type card that also uses the
Xceive (seen here: http://www.htpcnews.com/main.php?id=ces_2006_7 ) .  I
noticed that (what I initially thought was) the analog demodulator in
the pic looked funny.  On closer inspection, it showed it wasn't a TSOP
IC at all, but instead looked more like a crystal....but I didn't clue
into this until I visited Thomas' page again this morning and had a look
at the pcb's in his photos, and in particular the one featuring the
Xceive.  Bingo, some light went on , the gerbil got back on the wheel,
and I finally thought it might be time to visit the Xceive site via the
link Thomas' provided.  5 seconds later and, well, I reaffirmed my
simian status.

>> Question 2.
>>
>> [big snip]
>>
>> So then, now that you've digested all that, here's the mystery/curiosity
>> --- Who contacted Xceive?  Unless their mistaken, Xceive's repley to
>> Markus (where they incorrectly attribute Markus to previously contacting
>> them) indicates that someone did,  sometime roughly back in November.
>> Did you Oliver?  Your later message  (second one mentioned in part d)
>> above), however, might indicate that you hadn't yet tried contacting them.
>>
>> I told you it was trivial! But hey, curiousity kills this cat :)
>>

> nice overview :-)
>
> Markus

Thanks, Markus.

Carsten Heinelt wrote:
> Hi CK,
>   just to document that:
> I sent Emails to a number of addresses at XCeive without any
> reaction. When calling XCeive Europe, I got the info that they are
> just a design center and I should contact XCeive US which I did
> via email.
> - Jordan Du Val, i.e. jordan at xceive.com - seems to be sales (5-Oct-2005)
> - sales at xceive.com (2-Oct-2005 and 27-Oct-2005))
> - info_eu at xceive.com (29-Sep-2005)