[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS: new Information

Hello Developer

I asked one or two weeks ago on this list if there is a plan to support
the above device. I never got an answer from the list :-(.

So, I started to do some research.
I took the beast apart to see which chips are in use. I documented
everything so far on my homepage. Please, see
http://www.kaiser-linux.li/index.php/Linux_and_TV

Following chips are used on the Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T USB XS:
# Tuner (receiver): XCEIVE XC3028
# Demodulator: ZARLINK ZL10353
# Videodecoder: 5150AM1
# Sound (only for analog?): EMPIA EMP202
# USB Bridge: EMPIA EM2880
# Multiplexer (I don't know for what this is used): HC4052
# EEPROM?: 24C02N
#  ???: P13C3306LE

I did some usbsnoops which can be found on my site, too.

It looks like we have to find out how the USB-Brige (EM2880) is working.
I could not find a datasheet on the net for this device :-(

I really like to see this device working under Linux :-)

So, what are the next steps we have to do?
I am ready.

Regards, Thomas

--
http://www.kaiser-linux.li