[linux-dvb] tuning failed using skystar 2 rev 2.6D

Hi guys,

I am working to get a DVB-T USB device working in Linux. I have taken
it apart and it is using:

1. EZ-USB FX2 usb microcontroller(Cypress  CY7C68013 56PVC)
I can already load the firmware using fxload and I do know the i2c addresses.
2. Philips TU1216L

I am hoping to use the tda1004x frontend code with the dvb-usb
framework. The other dvb-usb drivers(eg. dibusb) seem to be of the
same structure so I think I will be simply copying and pasting. Any
advice on my approach? Patrick?

Side notes:
I noticed the ttusb-budget and ttusb-dec drivers aren't using the same
approach. Is there a specific reason for this?

Can the tda1004x frontend code be used with other firmware?

If you read up to here, I owe ya a cyber cuppa. Thanks.
Arnold