[linux-dvb] Compro DVB T200A Problems

Hi, Chris

Chris Stewart wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Firstly I'm fairly new to Linux but am not a total newbie anymore. I
> have a Compro Videomate T200A and it seems to be very problematic and
> although I've read reports of people getting it working in Linux I
> cannot get the card to lock and tune any stations. Now the card I have
> is an A variant of the T200 and it uses the TDA9889 tuner chip (I've
> taken the card out and visually inspected it). I'm running Ubuntu Linux
> and can compile the driver and load it using modprobe. It autodetects as
> a Compro Videomate T200 but when tuning the I get a constant 100% SNR
> Ratio and 0% signal strength.I've read elsewhere that this card is in
> fact closer to a T300 and I should try loading the driver with that
> option along with a small change to saa7134-dvb.c in the CVS
> (http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Compro_VideoMate_T200a). I do
> this and the card detects and Kaffeine then shows a variable SNR ratio
> from 30 - 80% and a signal strength of about 50% but I still cannot tune
> or lock a station using Kaffeine or tzap (The card works fine under
> windows with perfect picture). I've had this card for months now and
> have been fiddling with it on and off because I eventually get too
> frustrated trying to get it going in Linux. Any help would be great.

You already found the most important thing. The T200A is a T300 with
the components for analog not stuffed. Unfortunately, it identifies
itself as a T200 which makes life difficult.
First, lets verify whether you did the patch right. Without it, there are
error messages in the kernel log (dmesg) If i remember correctly, they
are "pll init failed". If you did the patch right (dont forget to force
the card type), they are gone.
And there is Marks hint, of course.

A note:
I don't have either of these cards, So i will need help to be able to
write code that distinguishes the cards properly.

Best regards
    Hartmut