[linux-dvb] How to get the 0x13 PES data ?

From: "Mirko Roller" <mirko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> On Saturday 10 December 2005 22:27, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > What is "ST CIT"?

I figure that's supposed to be "ST, CIT", where "ST" stands for "Stuffing
Table" and "CIT" for "Content Identification Table", see ETSI TS 102 323.

> How is it possible to do correct recordings, if the RST is not
> transmitted.
> Or in other words, how do set top boxes know, if a Show is delayed ?
> And start the recording at the right time ?
> RST looks like the VPS system to me... And now you say it is not used ?

Well, if you're writing a thesis, you might want to first research what
systems have been _defined_, then which ones are actually _used_ in real
life broadcasts. As to the former, I know of three items:

1. EIT (Event Information Table)
2. RST (Running Status Table)
3. TVA (TV Anywhere)

The last one is the newest and from what I understand really supposed to be
the system which controls STBs. ETSI has released a good number of
documents about TVA; ETSI TS 102 323 might be a good start. From a quick
glance, it appears to say that in DVB, TVA is carried on PIDs 0x0012 and
0x0016.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach