[linux-dvb] freecom / wideview (WT-220U) twin tuner lockup

Hi,
I've had a freeview branded wideview WT-220U DVB-T usb stick running
very nicely for a couple of weeks now, and decided to get another as an
extra tuner for mythtv.

However, when I attempt to run both, I experience a complete system
lockup (have to hard reset)  when attempting to tune the second. I can't
spot any core dumps or anything in var/log to help explain what the
problem might be.

Each physical stick works fine on its own (they both have their own
antenna), so I don't think I'm looking at a hardware issue.
with the two plugged in, everything looks good in dmesg, bith cards
detected, firmware loaded etc, and the /dev/dvb devices are created for
each, have checked permissions on those and they are identical. Using
the first (0) still works fine , however any attempt to tune the second
one EG tzap -a 1 "BBC ONE" results in the lockup. same in mythtv-setup.

I'm running mandrake 2006 with kernel 2.6.12-12 patched with DVB-2.6.12
patch recently downloaded from linuxtv.org, duron 1.6 if it makes any
difference.
I'm not sure what other information to provide, let me know if any more
is needed.

I'm currently compiling kernel 2.6.14 to see if that helps, but in the
meantime does anyone have an idea as to the no doubt very simple and
obvious thing I've probably overlooked?

Forgive me if I've missed an obvious fact, I've been 3 or 4 hours
googling on this and have had a good skim through the past couple of
months in the archives for this list, all to no avail. Still a little
new to linux myself, I'm afraid.

Many tia,

Jim.