[linux-dvb] How to get the 0x13 PES data ?

On Saturday 10 December 2005 22:27, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2005, Mirko Roller wrote:
> > for my diploma iam writing an EPG under Linux.
> >
> > I can set the correct pid of 0x12, to get the EIT and ST CIT data stream,
>
> What is "ST CIT"?

A good question, i cant find the description of it any more... :)
EIT = Event Information Table

> > but if i set the pid to 0x13 (RST,ST) stream, no data is received.
> > ETSI EN 300 468, says that the data is not sended all the time, but i
> > receive nothing (in 2 houers).
>
> I haven't seen any broadcaster using RST. Some set at least the
> running_status in the EIT present/following, although I would
> not trust this information to be correct.

One question here is for me,
How is it possible to do correct recordings, if the RST is not transmitted.
Or in other words, how do set top boxes know, if a Show is delayed ?
And start the recording at the right time ?
RST looks like the VPS system to me... And now you say it is not used ?

Are the data in the EIT enought, to detect a delayed Show ? ( like vps )

thankx,

Mirko