[linux-dvb] A call to testers..

Gregoire Favre wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 08:17:17AM -0500, Michael Krufky wrote:
>
>>It's still there, but in a different form.......  Instead, try:
>>
>>make kernel-links
>>
>>...this is nice and convenient and all, but IMHO it is still much safer to do:
>>
>>make && make install
>>

>OK, thank you very much for all crarifications. Then I think I have to
>compil now my kernels with every dvb related stuff in modules, and so I
>can still test the  v4l-dvb with make && make install.
>
>What I still miss is the possibility to ONLY compil what I need : I
>already dislike the way it is in the kernel that I have to includes lots
>of unneeded dvb stuffs, and I have read in the lkml that's I am not the
>only one not liking this situation.
>
>So a make menuconfig would be great (or similar).
>
>Have a good end of week,

There has been talk of creating a ./configure script.....

For now, you can edit v4l/Make.config to disable the build of certain
modules.... The plan is to eventually have a configure script to ask you
such questions, but the priority in the past weeks was to get everything
working.....

You shouldnt have to have ANY of the v4l or dvb modules built into the
kernel at all........ the whole point of installing cvs is to install
those modules.

see the wiki-howto:

http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_build_from_CVS

Hope this helps,