[linux-dvb] A call to testers..

On 12/7/05, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
> >
> >what's the current CVS ?
> >
> >Is it v4l-dvb ?

Yes.

> Since, dvb-kernel has merged with V4L, it is v4l-dvb, but as i was told,
> it neeeded some time for the merger to stabilize.
> Hence i had been still on the last dvb-kernel at least  ..

Manu, please move to v4l-dvb cvs.  Having you sticking with dvb-kernel
(write access currently disabled) is just as bad as telling users to
wait for mainline to start testing.  (well, not quite)  ... Please
move to v4l-dvb cvs.  There are some features that are missing from
dvb-kernel, mainly because nobody has asked us to import them yet.  If
you notice something from dvb-kernel that you liked is missing, then
just say the word and we'll move it in.

> >What I don't really like : in the README.patches there's a mention about
> >http://linuxtv.org/downloads/snapshot which don't exist ???

TYPO:  http://linuxtv.org/downloads/snapshots/

(corrected in cvs as of now, thanks for pointing this out)

> >And for me http://linuxtv.org/downloads/quilt/patches/ is not crystal
> >clear...
> >

> Those patches , i think are to be sent to Andrew Morton.

Yes.  Mauro decided to put the upstream patches at a fixed location,
so that anyone can review and test them.

> >So I have still the makelinks in the rootdir ?

It's still there, but in a different form.......  Instead, try:

make kernel-links

...this is nice and convenient and all, but IMHO it is still much safer to do:

make && make install

...but I have imported the 'makelinks' script as the 'make
kernel-links' command, to allow users the option.

> Regarding V4L-DVB i haven't taken a look at it, so not much of an idea ATM.

Anything else?  What else from dvb-kernel do you like and miss and
want imported into v4l-dvb cvs?  Hopefully this will cover it for now.

-Mike

P.S. To anyone trying to email my linuxtv.org or m1k.net account, my
m1k.net ISP is having troubles at the moment (linuxtv.org is just a
fwd), and my emails are bouncing back.  Email me here to get my
attention, for now.