[linux-dvb] dvb hdtv capture resolution limited to 720x480 inmythtv? DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite

CityK wrote:
> Michael Krufky wrote:
>
>> I have a wierd issue, however, with DViCO's windows software.
>> Sometimes Fox 5 (WNYW_DT) shows up, and other times it does not.  Some
>> times, choosing WNYW_DT, only gives me WWOR ... yuck!
>
> Hehe - the user forums on AVS are just packed with people complaining
> about the ineptitude of Dvico's windows software.  Unfortunately,
> Dvico's giving their  hardware a bad name simply because many users
> can't make the distinction that its the software that sucks.

Hmm... Well, Personally I think their app is "pretty not bad" , except
that the only channel that I care to record has reception problems using
their software.  :-/

Oh well....

While we're trashing hardware companies' windows software, let me
mention the fact that I cant get ANYTHING out of the windows software
for AVerTVHD A180...

Cannot scan ANY channels, nothing at all... No proof the card works at
all.  I bet it probably works fine under Windows MCE, but I dont have a
copy.

Until Kirk posted the nxt200x driver, I thought I had a dud card.  Now I
made it work in linux, so I'm happy.....

Over my vacation from work, I'm going to build a monster video server
with at least 5 dvb/v4l boards in it...........

Of course, who needs that if I only record 1 channel? (besides a mad
scientist)

Cheers,
Mike