[linux-dvb] dvb hdtv capture resolution limited to 720x480 inmythtv? DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite

Steve Toth wrote:

>> I don't have cable so I don't know if cable carries HDTV in
>> unencrypted QAM. QAM can handle two1080i streams on one
>
> Yes, it does (here anyway). Usually with 2 (sometimes 3) channels per mux.

Same here, although I only live approximately 40-60 miles away from
Steve....  Although I have as many as 4 or 5 channels per mux, in some
(rare) cases.... Of course, those channels are SD channels.... For the
1080i channels, only 2 maximum.

...and Mac, I told you so many times about how great the HDTV 1080i
streams look on my machine using the lgdt330x module under Time Warner
Digital Cable QAM256!  It is unbelievably beautiful!

I have a wierd issue, however, with DViCO's windows software.  Sometimes
Fox 5 (WNYW_DT) shows up, and other times it does not.  Some times,
choosing WNYW_DT, only gives me WWOR ... yuck!

WNYW_DT is the ONLY channel that I record, so windows sucks.

Linux rules!

/me still wonders why FusionHDTV5 Lite TS stream is steadier than
FusionHDTV5 Gold, considering that bt8xx dvb is a hack, and cx88 dvb is
by design.  Hmmmm.... :-/

Under mythtv, there is no difference..... I feel it when testing with
mplayer....

-Mike