[linux-dvb] tda1004x update

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Just to clarify this: i don't blame Mauro, i was just surprised about
> the fast 2nd update...
>
> There are 3 recent patches from me:
> The first one fixes the SEMAC-L problem with the tda8290. I am sure this
> one is correct.
>
> The other 2 patches plus the tda1004x update are dvb-t only. They will
> not break compatibility with known cards and compile with the old and
> the new version of the tda1004x driver.
>
> Regarding the tda1004x update: Please let me check whether the recently
> added boards work with the old version of the tda1004x (need to solve a
> very specific issue). If this is the case, i will recommend not to
> update this module right now but leave more time for compatibility
> checks. I will let you know the next days.
>
> I hope this clarifies things.

Okay, yes... this does clarify.  Right now, everything has gone to -mm
except for the tda1004x update.  I will wait on that until I get the
word from you.  We do not have to feel constrained by the 2-week merge
window on this, as it is somewhat of a fix, but we will wait on the
upstream merge for the proper testing.

Thanks for your speedy reply ;-)

Michael Krufky