[linux-dvb] questions about STV0229_LOCKOUTPUT

On Tuesday 08 Nov 2005 20:35, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > >
> > > For the nexus 2.3:
> > > - BSBE inittab register 0x08 is set to 0x40, i.e. OP2 = high.
> > > - lnbp21_set_voltage() is used.
> > > - stv0299_set_voltage() is never called.
> > > - lock_output is initialized to zero.
> > >
> > > lock_output(OP2) is only used by stv0299_set_voltage() and
> > > stv0299_send_legacy_dish_cmd().
> > >
> > > Anyway, stv0299_send_legacy_dish_cmd() will _not_ work for this card,
> > > so the lock_output variable doesn't matter.
> > >
> > > Now I see that dish network support is obviously missing.
> > > Please confirm whether this is your problem!
> >
> > you have GOT to be kidding!
> >
> > but you are not.
> >
> > This is indeed the issue.  I'll look at it later on today.
> >
> > Thanks for spotting this. (I have been pulling my hair out for quite some
> > time over this)
>
> Imho the dish support in stv0299.c should be replaced by a generic
> implementation in dvb_frontend.c which can be used by all frontends.
> It should be easy to replace the stv0299-specific set_voltage stuff by
> fe->ops->set_voltage() calls.

I seem to remember asking the original author about that when he added it. He
said the problem was that it is really timing specific - he had to
specifically optimise the stv0299 code so that it met the requirements. I
don't have any dish networks hardware myself so I can't confirm or deny this.