[linux-dvb] questions about STV0229_LOCKOUTPUT

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 Nov 2005 20:35, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Imho the dish support in stv0299.c should be replaced by a generic
> > implementation in dvb_frontend.c which can be used by all frontends.
> > It should be easy to replace the stv0299-specific set_voltage stuff by
> > fe->ops->set_voltage() calls.
>
> I seem to remember asking the original author about that when he added it. He
> said the problem was that it is really timing specific - he had to
> specifically optimise the stv0299 code so that it met the requirements. I
> don't have any dish networks hardware myself so I can't confirm or deny this.

Neither do I.

IIRC the problem occurred with stv0299-based budget cards. These cards
did not use I2C_SHORT_DELAY for i2c transfers. Should be fixed now.

If required, stv0299_set_voltage() can be modified to reduce the number
of i2c transfers. If will do it if necessary.

@Jeremy:
Does the attached patch fix your problem?

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/