[linux-dvb] questions about STV0229_LOCKOUTPUT

Jeremy Hall wrote:
> In the new year, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > > > > >
> > For the nexus 2.3:
> > - BSBE inittab register 0x08 is set to 0x40, i.e. OP2 = high.
> > - lnbp21_set_voltage() is used.
> > - stv0299_set_voltage() is never called.
> > - lock_output is initialized to zero.
> >
> > lock_output(OP2) is only used by stv0299_set_voltage() and
> > stv0299_send_legacy_dish_cmd().
> >
> > Anyway, stv0299_send_legacy_dish_cmd() will _not_ work for this card,
> > so the lock_output variable doesn't matter.
> >
> > Now I see that dish network support is obviously missing.
> > Please confirm whether this is your problem!
> >
> you have GOT to be kidding!
>
> but you are not.
>
> This is indeed the issue.  I'll look at it later on today.
>
> Thanks for spotting this. (I have been pulling my hair out for quite some
> time over this)

Imho the dish support in stv0299.c should be replaced by a generic
implementation in dvb_frontend.c which can be used by all frontends.
It should be easy to replace the stv0299-specific set_voltage stuff by
fe->ops->set_voltage() calls.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/