[linux-dvb] Possible patch for CAM/CI issues

From: "Georg Acher" <acher@xxxxxxxxx>

> In short: There is so much badly designed crap in the CAM market. It is
> a wonder that at least some CAM/receiver combinations work...

I have to agree with your diagnosis as I am not expert on this. It is
however
even more puzzling how they manage to get all those set-top boxes working
with all those CAM's. I have not got yet any CAM which would not be working
with more recent set-top boxes. I have one very old set-top which indeed has
problems
with some CAM's.

So how the set-top box people do they stuff? Do they get hints from
manufacturers
and encryption systems owners how to deal with their quirks? Or are there
still undisclosed
secrets in this business?

irk