[linux-dvb] Possible patch for CAM/CI issues

On Monday 07 Nov 2005 23:25, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> irk writes:
>  > From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  >
>  > >> I wonder if it would be possible to simple have some form of
>  > >> retransmission
>  > >> at the application level... I'll have a look at en50221.
>  > >
>  > > Hmm, I've had a look. Unfortunately, even though the CAM control
>  > > protocol is
>  > > massively overdesigned for what is needed, it doesn't seem to provide
>  > > any support for error detection or retransmission of corrupt
>  > > messages!! :(
>  >
>  > So again the question posed before: How the set-top folks do this that
>  > there are no
>  > visible problems?
>
> I had similar problems with a Nokia receiver and Irdeto CAMs a few
> years ago. One worked fine and the other had artifacts like you
> described. So, the "set-top folks" don't always manage it to work with
> all CAMs either.

Just to add more to our list of CAM oddities. The topuptv(uk)/SCM CAMs in a
budget-av slot somehow don't trigger the card detect signal. The cam works
fine otherwise (I've got a workaround for the detection), but its a bit odd.
The CAM card detect works fine in a budget-ci v1.0A interface.