[linux-dvb] Writing custom network DVB driver

> It won't set up a device, but you can easily send the data accross to
> the application.
> If you need to set up a device, you need to do either (1) or (2)

If I just send the data across to the application, then the
application won't be able to interface with what is sending the data,
since it won't have a dvb or v4l interface. For exmaple, mythtv needs
to communicate through either v4l, dvb, or some other (v4l and dvb
being most popular).

I went on the irc channel and someone said that this application did
pretty much what I wanted:
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/VideoFourLinuxLoopbackDeviceAPI?CGISESSID=e96a8a51629b324ffbdc61afa736f162

I downloaded it and am playing around with it, but it is in kernel
space and at this point provides me with a v4l output, so it is pretty
much what I am looking for. I am not sure that this is the definate
solution, but I will keep on playing around with it to see what I can
get accomplished. I will reply to this thread and post my findings at
a later point in time.

Thanks for all the help Manu, I will keep your suggestions in mind as
I go along.

Luc Gallant