[linux-dvb] Writing custom network DVB driver

Luc Gallant wrote:

>>Doesn't the VLC application already do this ? Or do you plan to split
>>the parser part out in userland such that all applications can use that
>>code ?
>>

>Yes, VLC will take that stream and display it on screen, but I can't
>say, use this inside mythtv. I want to create a ficticious driver
>(device) that applications such as mythtv can use. In mythtv there is
>an option to use a "DVB Capture card", and so that is the card I want
>to be able to select, which would bring in the stream from the
>network.
>
>Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.

So isn't it easier to capture network packets and parse that stream. The
resultant stream would be an MPEG2 TS
You can convert to a PS if  needed, but most players do play TS straight
away.

I think probably what you need to do is capture packets from the
specified address, parse them and present it to the application.

Manu