[linux-dvb] Writing custom network DVB driver

> I think what you need is an application that can read the stream (which
> does stream control also) and the output is fed to applications like
> mplayer.

Yes, this is pretty much what I need to do, except for the " output is
fed to applications like
 mplayer." part, I want to do this by creating like a fake dvb or in
this case v4l device, which mplayer could go read.

> To get an idea, the same concept we have been using all along for all
> budget dvb cards. There is an application called test_dvr in dvb-apps,
> which might be something similar to what you might be looking at. Only
> concern being you would need to add in functions to read from the
> network interface and or add controls for controlling the stream itself
> and or it's contents.

I checked out this application, but from what I can see this won't set
up a device that any application can read. If I am wrong, please
correct me. Thanks

Luc Gallant