[linux-dvb] FusionHDTV card ID

Mac Michaels wrote:

>On Tuesday 27 September 2005 02:11 pm, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > I have also put together a few liner patch to make the
> > older version of the DVICO FusionHDTV Gold3 work.. I have
> > one that has a LGDT3302 and has a card id of 18ac:d800
> > instead of 18ac:d820
> > (CX88_BOARD_DVICO_FUSIONHDTV_3_GOLD_T), but appears to be
> > the same.. I will validate this and post this
> > seperately..
>

>>I will check what the card itself says when I get home..
>>I am pretty sure it says Gold3, but might just be on the
>>box I was sent the card in.. (I was sent it by a friend
>>so its possible it was thrown in the wrong box when it
>>was sent to me)..
>>

>Check the card itself. The name is printed or etched on the card.
>
>Does it have a Q or T at the end of the name?
>
>Does it have a daughter board?

Mac-

Straight from the .inf file of DViCO's latest driver:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; SubSystem ID List
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;
; ID Number  Board                      Assy Drwg No.  Tuner
Std        TunerModel#
;
;
; 0xD80018AC CX2388x FusionHDTV Gold             TEMIC4042 + LGDT
; 0xD81018AC CX2388x FusionTV-HDR Gold           TEMIC4042 + LGDT(Optional)
; 0xD82018AC CX2388x FusionHDTV Silver Plus      Thomson7611 + LGDT
; 0xDB0018AC CX2388x FusionDVBT1                 LG Z201 NIM
; 0xDB1018AC CX2388x FusionDVBT2                 Thomson7579 + Zarlink
Demodulator
; 0xDB3018AC CX2388x FusionDVBT4                 Xc3028 + Zarlink
Demodulator
; 0xDC0018AC CX2388x FusionDVBS1                 LG S001 DVBS Tuner
; 0xD50018AC CX2388x FusionHDTV5                 LG 061P ATSC Tuner

Now, we already know that their information here isn't 100% correct...
(FusionHDTV5 uses LG 062F, not LG 061P) ... I have noticed their
information isnt consistent, so we must take this stuff at face value.

We can see here that Taylor is talking about the original Gold (topmost)
model, without a daughter board.  Mac's Gold-Q model is refered to as
the "FusionTV-HDR Gold" ... My Gold-T model is refered to as "FusionHDTV
Silver Plus" ...

I suspect that Taylor's Gold card will work with the card definition for
Mac's Gold-Q card, although CityK's quotes from DViCO make me doubt that
QAM will work, although VSB should be fine.

Taylor-

Please test the drivers with your card, using the cx88xx insmod option,
"card=17" ... This will force the FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q setup.  Although
this card does not have a daughter board, it contains the same hardware
as the board that Mac has.... I am mainly interested to know if the GPIO
is programmed correctly for your board... Please test that.  If the GPIO
is different, then we'll have to create a new card definition.  If it is
the same, then I think we should create a pci subsystem pointer for
18ac:d800 to point to the Gold-Q setup.  Maybe even rename Gold-Q to
Gold...

The information posted in CityK's email seems to be correct.  CityK,
thank you for the info.

--
Michael Krufky