[linux-dvb] FusionHDTV card ID

Mike Krufky wrote:

 > We can see here that Taylor is talking about the original Gold
(topmost) model, without a daughter board.  Mac's Gold-Q model is
refered to as the "FusionTV-HDR Gold" > ... My Gold-T model is refered
to as "FusionHDTV Silver Plus" ...

I think part of Dvico's inability to settle on a definitive name for a
given physical model is the fact that they may market/package it several
different ways. For example, there are (not including the forthcoming
usb models) only 2 card variants in the Fusion 5 family - that using the
cx2388x and that using the BT878A. Yet, in Korea you have six different
model names!  http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/KOR/Products/

- the Gold and Silver models all being the same cx2388x card, but differ
by way of the software and accessories that come in the package
- the Lite models being based on the BT878A, and differing by accessories

On this side of the pond, we just have the two models
- Gold Plus
- Lite

The same fragmentation/segmentation happens with the Fusion 3 family.
For example, Michael's board could just as easily wind up in the package
of a
- Gold-T Plus
- Gold-T
- Silver Plus

We even see that a BT878A variant of the F3 exists (the Silver-T), and
it certainly never made its way to North America

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/KOR/Products/ProductsComparison.aspx

Also note that Mac's card also appears in a Silver flavour.