[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV sat CI and DST module

Marko Poikonen <mtp_valid_2005@xxxxxx> writes:

> I have Pinnacle PCTV sat CI with conax cam and valid subscriber
> card. I can watch FTA channels with Kaffeine but when I try to see
> scrambled channel I get nothing (except next output).

This card is a Twinhan DST-CI clone whose comon interace is handled by
dst-ci module. So far the status is:
- the dst-ci api is different from the ci api of Hauppauge card (high
  level vs low level)
- the only application handling dst-ci api is ca_zap which does not
  work for everybody
- vdr handles only low-level ci API and will not work with dst-ci
  module (AFAIK, vdr is the only linux application that can handle
  decryption)

Depending on your CAM and/or smartcard, you may experience some
reliability problem with decryption. See linuxtv wiki for more details
[1] and [2]

HTH

[1] http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hercules_Smart_TV_Satellite
[2] http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Twinhan_VP-1030A