[linux-dvb] No /dev/dvb devices in FC4

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:14 pm, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 04:23:40PM +1000, richardjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> > I've just started from scratch installing Fedora Core 4 in my HTPC. I
> > previously had FC3 going in the box, but ... well, that's a story for
> > another time.
> >
> > I can't figure why there's no /dev/dvb devices for my AvertTV 771 card.
> > The bttv module loads just fine:
>
> The main module is dvb-bt8xx. Please post the output of dmesg when
> that module is loaded.

No messages from dvb-bt8xx that I can find.

After much confused poking and reorganising the deck chairs, I stumbled on
the solution: explicitly modprobe the "bttv" module in my rc.local. So now my
rc.local has:

modprobe bttv card=0x79 i2c_hw=1
modprobe mt352
modprobe dvb-bt8xx
chown -R mythtv /dev/dvb

No idea why I need the explicit modprobe. The bttv module was loading, and the
modprobe.conf listed those options for it. Oh well, it works now and creates:

% tree /dev/dvb
/dev/dvb
`-- adapter0
    |-- demux0