[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 5

You might want to check a local forum, to see other users' experiences
with your cable system.  Most cable systems leave the local channels
in the clear (I have heard that this is required for them, but I don't
know if that is true).   The avsforum.com local reception forum
usually has good info on local cable systems.   If you can find which
frequencies your locals are carried on, you can concentrate on those.

If you have a Windows box around, you might try the Fusion card with
the Windows software.  They have a decent channel scanner which should
show your QAM256 channels.

Also,  you might want to try hooking an antenna to it as an option for
local reception.  The demoulator on the Fusion5 is supposed to be
excellent.

-Todd