[linux-dvb] Tuning problems with TT DVB-C 1500 (saa7146 + stv0297) and QAM128

Hi Simo,

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Simo Kivim?ki wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>
>> If I would have the time (and such a card) I would try to integrate support
>> for the TT/Hauppauge-cards in my version of the stv0297-driver. But
>> unfortunately I'm totally busy at the moment and don't have the card(s).
>>
>> Anyway, if someone wants to give it a try, you can find my current version
>> of the stv0297 here:
>> http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/dvb-kernel.cable-2005-06-17.tar.bz2
>
> That's looks promising but I need some help to compile it.
>
> When I try to compile dvb-kernel.cable it stops for an error:
> [..]

The dvb-kernel snapshot is not compatible with 2.6.13, yet. That's why it
is failing. Also it won't support your card, because PCI IDs and such
things aren't in there yet.

> I also tried to copy stv0297* to current dvb-kernel CVS version but with that
> I get:

By saying "integrate it into dvb-kernel" I didn't mean to just copy the
sources. There is some coding work to do. The card-drivers need to be
adapted to some different structures, an init-tab has to be created for
the card-specific-initialization and things like that.

Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx