[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems with TT DVB-C 1500 (saa7146 + stv0297) and QAM128

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> The CableStar2 (DVB-C variant of the AirStar2 and SkyStar2) is another
> budget DVB-C card with stv0297 as demodulator. When I wrote support for
> this card, the stv0297-driver was already in dvb-kernel, but I could not
> use it for this card (the code I got from the vendor and the code from
> dvb-kernel has simply been too different). So I started to rewrite the
> stv0297-driver nearly from the scratch with the help of the vendor-source.
> Why I'm writing this? So, a month ago a guy from Finland got such a card
> and wanted to use it with QAM128. At first it was not working, but then
> I found out, that turning off the "corner edge detection" fixes the
> QAM128-tuning-issue (that's why my proposal, which didn't help, though).
> In fact the QAM128-tuning was as fast as tuning to QAM64 (< 500ms).

Dvbshop product page says that CableStar2 supports only QAM 64
demodulation http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php?products_id=211.

Maybe this is then not valid?  Can it be used with QAM 128 when
running your version of the drivers?

Best regards,
Tero