[linux-dvb] Tuning problems with TT DVB-C 1500 (saa7146 + stv0297) and QAM128

Hi,

this is not an answer directly to your problem, but maybe helpful.

The CableStar2 (DVB-C variant of the AirStar2 and SkyStar2) is another
budget DVB-C card with stv0297 as demodulator. When I wrote support for
this card, the stv0297-driver was already in dvb-kernel, but I could not
use it for this card (the code I got from the vendor and the code from
dvb-kernel has simply been too different). So I started to rewrite the
stv0297-driver nearly from the scratch with the help of the vendor-source.

Unfortunately I was also not able to merge back my changes into the
dvb-kernel CVS, because I don't have access to the TT/Hauppauge cards in
order to find the differences.

Why I'm writing this? So, a month ago a guy from Finland got such a card
and wanted to use it with QAM128. At first it was not working, but then I
found out, that turning off the "corner edge detection" fixes the
QAM128-tuning-issue (that's why my proposal, which didn't help, though).
In fact the QAM128-tuning was as fast as tuning to QAM64 (< 500ms).

If I would have the time (and such a card) I would try to integrate
support for the TT/Hauppauge-cards in my version of the stv0297-driver.
But unfortunately I'm totally busy at the moment and don't have the
card(s).

Anyway, if someone wants to give it a try, you can find my current
version of the stv0297 here:
http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/dvb-kernel.cable-2005-06-17.tar.bz2

HTH,
Patrick.