[linux-dvb] Siemens DVB-C patches for DVB driver

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 Karl Herz wrote:
> I switched from the old DVB driver to the new one and had some problems
> with my Siemens DVB-C card, that I didn't have with the old driver.
>
> 1. zig-zag scan is disabled in the new ves1820 code (tuning problems)
> 2. my card is not detected correctly with the new av7110 code
>
> I've appended two patches. It would be nice if a DVB driver developer
> includes them into the driver.

First some general remarks:
- your patch is word-wrapped
- there is no Signed-off-by: (see linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches)
- please don't mix two different fixes in one patch

Zig-zag scan is not useful for cable cards, as there is not LNB
and hence no LNB-drift to correct. For the Siemens card tuning
problems are often caused by a wrong PWM paramter in the EEPROM.
See the list archives, this comes up every now and then.
So the zig-zag change is NAKed.

About the PCI-Id: So you have a Siemens card with a Technotrend
manufacturer-id? Hm, OK.

Can you send a non-wrapped version of your PCI-Id change?

Thanks,
Johannes