[linux-dvb] Re: CA_ZAP/DVB libs

Well here is my opinion:

I reckon we should definitely use the SI parsing stuff from libdvbsak, but
modified so it uses callbacks, and doesn't use malloc. Its definitely the
most complete/robust of the choices.

libdvb2's en50221 implementation is the obvious/only choice for that.

libdvbcfg is the only library to support all the file formats, so again, this
is an obvious choice.

As for the infrastructure stuff - dunno yet. I liked Manu's idea of having the
library that actually interfaces to the raw DVB IOCTL API separate so it can
be changed easily (e.g. for v4 API etc). But that could easily be done with
fucntion pointers etc in a single library.

Should we have "one library to rule them all", or split it into seperate
sublibraries? Having seperate libraries is cleaner architecturally, but might
be overkill... anyone have any really good arguments either way?