[linux-dvb] system crashing hard with: "Kernel Panic: Fatal exception in interrupt"

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 22:45, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
> > I sometimes manage to get my vdr system lockup hard. Only a reboot with
> > sysrq or reset-button helps.
> > This can only be observed when heavily zaping around.
> > My system configuration is:
> > * one FF 1.3 card from Siemens
> > * one Skystar2 card
> > * vdr-1.3.24 with some patches
> > * CVS driver from Monday Jun 27
>
> firmware version?

Version of firmware is that from Werner downloaded at 2005-06-05.
But Error has not been related to this, it occured already before this
firmware was installed.

> what kind of system (single/dual processor system?
It is a single-processor Intel Pentium III (Coppermine) at 700MHz.
The chipset is an Intel one, lspci calls it "Intel Corporation 440BX/ZX/DX -
82443BX/ZX/DX". The Computer was an old system from Siemens
Name: "SCENIC xB"

> The best way is to configure the kernel to output all messages on a
> serial console. Then connect another machine with a serial cable and
> capture the logs...

1. Up to know I don't have the required cable, but I first added fb-console
with higher resolution, to also get beginning of panic-message.

2. I'm going to install the kmsgdump patch from
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0406.1/1267.html and the trying
to trigger the crash.

Matthias