[linux-dvb] system crashing hard with: "Kernel Panic: Fatal exception in interrupt"

Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
> I sometimes manage to get my vdr system lockup hard. Only a reboot with sysrq
> or reset-button helps.
> This can only be observed when heavily zaping around.
> My system configuration is:
> * one FF 1.3 card from Siemens
> * one Skystar2 card
> * vdr-1.3.24 with some patches
> * CVS driver from Monday Jun 27

firmware version?

what kind of system (single/dual processor system?

> As the system is not able to do anything here is only a (not so good)
> screenshot:
> http://www.franken-online.de/zzam/Kernel_Panic_dvb.jpg
>
> Can anybody tell me what to do to debug this.

The best way is to configure the kernel to output all messages on a
serial console. Then connect another machine with a serial cable and
capture the logs...

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/