[linux-dvb] Air/SkyStar2 IRQ stop (partial) fix

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 jogi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello Patrick,
>
>> If only a driver reload fixes the problem for you, you probably have the
>> wrong drivers in use. The believed-to-be-fixed-drivers solve the issue by
>> just disabling the transfer and enabling it again: So just restarting VDR
>> without driver-reload should fix it, too. Or within VDR when it changes
>> the transponder (and starts/stops the transfer as well).
>
> to be honest, I never actually tested restarting vdr alone. The watchdog
> kicks in and restarts vdr and reloads the drivers in advance. I soon will
> test if restarting vdr alone is sufficient too and let you know then.
>
>> So please make sure you are using the correct driver version.
>
> What driver are you referring too? I am not using the skystar2 drivers but the
> flexcop based ones:

Version of the driver actually: When did you do the cvs checkout? You said
you were using the same setup as Peter. Did you mean just the hardware or
also the kernel and dvb-kernel versions?

> $ lsmod | grep -i -e skystar -e ^b2c2
> b2c2_flexcop_pci        7704  18
> b2c2_flexcop           26604  1 b2c2_flexcop_pci

The fix only affects b2c2_flexcop-drivers, not the skystar2-driver which
is already gone in dvb-kernel CVS.

Patrick.

--
   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx