[linux-dvb] Air/SkyStar2 IRQ stop (partial) fix

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 12:28:15PM +0200, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 jogi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >Hello Patrick,
> >
> >>If only a driver reload fixes the problem for you, you probably have the
> >>wrong drivers in use. The believed-to-be-fixed-drivers solve the issue by
> >>just disabling the transfer and enabling it again: So just restarting VDR
> >>without driver-reload should fix it, too. Or within VDR when it changes
> >>the transponder (and starts/stops the transfer as well).
> >
> >to be honest, I never actually tested restarting vdr alone. The watchdog
> >kicks in and restarts vdr and reloads the drivers in advance. I soon will
> >test if restarting vdr alone is sufficient too and let you know then.
> >
> >>So please make sure you are using the correct driver version.
> >
> >What driver are you referring too? I am not using the skystar2 drivers but
> >the
> >flexcop based ones:
>
> Version of the driver actually: When did you do the cvs checkout? You said

I did the checkout on Jun 26 01:14. So the fix should be included.

> you were using the same setup as Peter. Did you mean just the hardware or
> also the kernel and dvb-kernel versions?

I thought Peter was using a TT 1.5 which is almost identical to my TT 1.6.
My setup is like this:

Epia M10000 running Gentoo with kernel 2.6.12 and dvb drivers from Jun 26
01:14. I am using one TT 1.6 as ff card and a skystar 2.6d. I had to swap my
older 2.6c which broke down and was replaced against a 2.6d ... Does this make
a difference?

Regards,

   Jogi

--

Well, yeah ... I suppose there's no point in getting greedy, is there?

    << Calvin & Hobbes >>